11 March 2013

Cycle of Words


In the following pages we shall see good words, or good senses of words, losing their edge or, more rarely, recovering it or getting a new edge that serves some different purpose.
- Studies in Words, C.S. Lewis


I love to write. It is one of those things I cannot ignore.Writing ignites words and creativity in my mind. The process of writing expands my understanding of myself and of others. It is here, in my writing, that I can meditate and ponder about something, circle around it pensively, and conclude a page with a deeper sense of appreciation for everything in my life. Or, sometimes my pages are full of questions and musings about that which I do not understand. Even though no answer or conclusion is reached I know how deep my questions are and what I need to pray about.

My writing is a place where I can be me, without judgmental glances and critique. It is not, however, where I am always right. I most surely am not. I have so much to learn and it is a place where I do learn through my experiences. Writing about them helps me learn from them. And so ensues the cycle.

It's a beautiful cycle of words.

As a side note, this is my new journal, made with a photograph I took and some Washi tape. Love a personalized journal!

2 comments:

  1. You have Studies in Words!!???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I found it in NYC when I was there in January! I scored big time on that trip with C.S. Lewis finds (That is also where I found AMRBM). It is a lovely hardcover, partially in the photo above.

      Delete