05 February 2014

Blessed Beyond Belief


To understand a proverb and a saying,
the words of the wise and their riddles.
- Proverbs 1.6


I am blessed beyond belief. I don't want to lose sight of that. Sure I don't have all that I want or desire. Do any of us, really? Even the most rich never have all they want. There is always something missing, it seems. And yet I have ALL that I need, and more. It is really easy to slide into the train the thought that takes off down the rail tending to bend toward what we do not have, all the while missing all the treasures that sit under our noses.

Indeed.
In this new year (that is already flying by -- how did it get to be February already?) I want to be more observant of what I have now and to hear the words of wisdom and absorb it more meaningfully than I ever have. To gain not just knowledge, but understanding. To treasure it all deeply because this time is a blessing.

Every sunrise is a gift. Every smile. Every morning when I wake and dress from my abundant closet and make coffee. Each day I get to be a part of something bigger than myself at work. Every time my skills and talents are used. And all the moments in between the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment