25 February 2014

What God Does for Us


Doing things for God is the opposite of entering into what God does for you. Habakkuk had it right. "The person who believes God, is set right by God - and that's the real life."

- Galatians 3.12 

The infinite grace of God is already upon us who believes in Him. We sometimes act as if we still need to win Him over, though. We feel guilty for missing church or not being able to take part in something asked of us. I am not saying we shouldn't go to church or shouldn't take part in activities of church, but if works we are doing are in hopes of getting on God's "good side" we have missed something critical.

Paul tells us we are already loved by God and there's nothing we can do to be more loved. We are called to do something so simple, and yet it is so difficult for us. To accept and believe in God with our whole heart. At that point life is changed. Instead of living selfishly, our outlook is altered to looking toward the good of others, with a love we had never known before because it never lived in us. To love God is to live a new life.

Isn't it a joy to behold? Nothing we have done and nothing we could do dictates God's love! We don't have to be successful or have a big house with a pool or have 500 friends. We do have to be ourselves - exactly as God created you to be - and to believe in Him and let Him dwell in our hearts.

I love that I can be me, through and through. He loves me for who I am, including all the quirks that make me so different from others.

I rejoice in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment