04 February 2014

St. Louis (Love my Job!)

 

I am here to answer the question you all have been waiting for. Did it snow for me in St. Louis? Yes, it did! Though it was only a dusting of snow (see the first and second photos). But beggars cannot be choosers. It was freezing cold all week, lows getting down to 13 (maybe lower) and highs only in the 30s. But on the last night, we had a company dinner, company trivia, and dancing night at a restaurant downtown, and at the end of the evening as we walked downstairs to head outside, Colin pointed at the window. I paused on the stairs and saw what he was pointing at -- the snow gently falling outside. My face lit up. I suddenly had the urge to walk around outside and let the snow shuffle under my feet. There were some big flakes falling and it was lovely. It fell all the way home and left some snow in the morning. I think I was the only person there who was excited about the snow (I can't help it!).

All in all, the week was really good. I don't think anyone got enough sleep, though. I really love my company and my job. It's not an easy job but it is the people that make this company so special. I learned many things last week, took pages of notes and ideas, met a lot of people and got to know some people better, which is great. I am an introvert, so being in many social situations everyday is challenging for me, but I push myself to always take part because it is good to grow. We had some hilarious entertainment when all the advisers hosted a dinner (serving all of us) and then put on an energetic show and dance (to the song "What Does the Fox Say?"). We had a formal dinner and awards on another night. We served a homeless shelter the next morning, helping with many projects around the building.

I am so thankful that I am part of such an amazing company. If you want to learn a little more about my company, watch a video HERE, which asks "Who is Larson Financial?"

No comments:

Post a Comment