11 March 2014

Be Cheerful No Matter What


Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
-  1 Thessalonians 5.16


Chilly mornings cheer my soul, but I know for many people in the country, they are wearisome of the cold weather. I realize that for me to enjoy chilly air, the northern states have to be frigid so the chilly air descends to the south. My pleasure may lead to their misery.

I delight in my chilly mornings and try to bottle this happiness in hopes that I will remember in six months to be cheerful during those endless months of humid and hot summer days that stay with us.

I cannot help but smile as I wake in my sunlit room (before the time change) with the air chilled. Pulling on my crochet slippers I make coffee and stand at a window at the blue sky that is pouring over us this morning. These are the chilled early Spring mornings that warm up but will not last long. So, I delight in each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment