03 March 2014

Merry March


He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him.
- Philippians 3.21


I say goodbye to February with a pang of sadness, mainly because the coldest months are now behind us and the chances grow slimmer for many more days of the glorious chill. However, we've had a few recent days that started off chilly, much to my delight, and I indulged in an extra french press coffee to celebrate. I wore my new favourite army green jacket and moccasins, even though it warmed up later.

I read this verse as I drank coffee and I mused about how it displays God as currently working all the pieces into place. He's not just sitting idly nearby, watching. He is above, and everything else is below and around Him. He is presently moving parts so that things fall into place according to His plan.

We shall say that March will be merry, to keep with a catchy alliteration. I like the cheerfulness that the word 'merry' invokes and I refuse to confine such a lovely word to December only. I think March deserves to be just as merry as December.

No comments:

Post a Comment