30 July 2014

Grow Taller


Do you think I might grow taller? It is such a silly question, I know. I catch myself thinking this strange thought one evening when a reminder goes off in my head that I am thirty. I probably won't be growing any taller.

But that is the state of mind I am always in. Thinking impossible things as I drift off to sleep. Will I grow? Will I learn more? Feeling giddy at the thought of class and learning I imagine myself at a desk equipped with a freshly sharpened pencil and a clean page in my spiral notebook. Ready and eager to learn, I always was eager to learn, and always will be. It is a marvel, to me, that we can absorb so much just by listening to one who is wiser. Then make scribbles in a notebook with bullet points and underlines.

It doesn't require much to teach. Just a mode of communicating it. But it requires one who us willing to listen and acquire. Isn't it marvelous how we can share knowledge with one another and enrich each other's lives?

I have the attitude that I will never be full or done with learning. I have so much more to learn. I will always be a sponge for wisdom and knowledge.

These are the thoughts I had while I drifted off to sleep the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment