08 December 2014

Ice Cream in December


Life, Himself
Love, Himself
He is present in our every moment:

From the moments of emptiness or hurt
to the sweetness of ice cream.


It is interesting to imagine that as I played the game Sequence at 10:30 pm with my family this weekend, the Lord was present. As we laughed and joked the Lord delighted in our family love.

We usually think of God's presence being with us when we go through something difficult, but do we think that He is also with us in the pleasant times? Why wouldn't He want to be next to us as we play games? Or walk with us along our hometown downtown street acting like a tourist and eating a little ice cream cone? Or in my case, some espresso gelato.


The warmth of the December day matched the warmth of my family love this weekend. A special time that we were all together. A sweetness lingered in our time together and it made me think how much God's presence is in our little joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment