22 December 2014

D+N Wedding




















This weekend my "other brother" got married. Dave and Natasha are so good for one another, and we are all so happy for them. Dave has been a part of my family for many, many years. He and my brother Ryan are best friends, and I endured many, many years of torment and teasing from them back in the day. That's what brothers do, right? Especially when I am the only girl. But I am really proud of Dave. We all love Natasha, and wish them all the years of blessings and joy.

The wedding was at a farm in Dade City, and it was a lovely location, with an antique barn used as a backdrop for the dinner and evening. The ceremony was held out in the field area where white fences separate the horses. Under a big tree Dave and Tasha read their own written vows, which were heartfelt and emotional.

My niece Elliott was a flower girl helper, to Addison, and it they did so well walking down the aisle, and then Elliott decided to keep walking past the tree toward the white fences beyond because she loved looking at the horses. Thankfully her cousin Ethan was in charge of chasing Elliott and getting her back to the ceremony.


Dinner, dancing, eating barbecue, eating cake, and listening to good toasts given by my brother (Best Man) and Natasha's Maid of Honor. summed up the evening. As the sun set, the sky grew more colourful. Elliott loved the spotlight and danced to every song that came on, even walking out the center of the floor to dance by herself if she felt like it.  She laughed and squealed with delight the whole evening. All she wanted to do was dance. I think we can all learn from her to just have fun and enjoy the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment