02 December 2014

Light of the Season


Reaching for the light that is with me everyday,
whether dwelling in darkness or sunshine.
Walking with the light everywhere,
He is with me anywhere.


The season of light has begun. Advent. With preparations underway, we think ahead to what an immense love is going to come, which already came, in the meekest form of a baby. A joyful season, marked with cheerful greetings, eggnog, and songs dedicated to this time. I find myself busy at all times of the day with preparations. At times we think like children. This is the time of year we are most in touch with our child-likeness. We indulge in some candy that reminds us of childhood. We sing songs with children. Sometimes while I am working on something, words will burst in my mind and interrupt me.


I cannot tell what is new and what is old
What is blue and what is mold
For everything that is old may be blue
But it's not the same of something new


Don't mind me and my nonsensical words. It's the child in me. Sometimes when I am around my home decorating or organizing I will suddenly have a few lines of verse create themselves in my mind. No, that is silly. They are not creating themselves, but while my hands attend to adult things like straightening books on the shelves or dusting, my mind goes off and does what it loves to do - create. This season gives inspiration to do a lot of creating. Gifts, decor, stories, cards. Enjoy this season of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment