29 December 2014

He Loves Us Still


Since God knows everything, including the future, is it ever possible to disappoint Him?

In other words, since God lives outside of time, He sees what I am in the future as He sees what I am right now. He just oversees it all at once. There is no present or future in that sense. So, how can I live out the knowledge that if I fail I do not disappoint God? He already knows that I have failed and will fail, and He loves me still.

He knows all of our sinful natures.
He loves us still.
He knows we are going to make the wrong decisions sometimes.
He loves us still.

I think sometimes we put caps or limitations of God's love for us, not necessarily by intent, and we don't fully understand the unconditionality of His love because none of us is capable of loving like that.

So, by our very limited nature we have a hard time seeing beyond what we know here. We are even told by some that this is all we have, this life, and we shouldn't console ourselves with beliefs and churches that disappoint us. Sure, we can be disappointed by people and church, because they are run by people who are all fallen. He is the one who loves us when we are unlovable. He is the one who does not disappoint.

It requires much of us, I think, to equip our minds with the knowledge and wisdom of God's love to the depth that we cannot display ourselves. It requires letting go of oneself and trusting God down to every detail that His plans are perfect. We can contemplate forever, but until we soften our hearts to let that sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment