05 December 2014

These Quiet Moments







Lately, these quiet moments have been difficult to come by. Perhaps it is the season, with all the hustle and bustle, plus the desire to stay organized and on top of everything, when it becomes quite clear that I cannot do that perfectly. It is usually this time of year that I feel behind, always attempting to keep up. Thoughts of getting ahead seems like a dream. But it really is a delightful time of year because it is focused on community, giving, and the light that we have in Jesus.

Lately...
- Coffee and tea have become the indulgences I crave (who am I kidding - this is always true!)
- My stacks of books have been looking more organized- like a tree!
- Trader Joe's has become a favourite grocery spot. Their fruit, chocolate, snacks, food. Delicious all around. When I have the chance to shop there, I stock up!
- Each night, several candles must be lit. The cosy atmosphere is lovely. Tealights, tealights, tealights.
- When I leave work each night, the sky is like a work of art, and different every time.
- Peppermint everything. This is the time of year that peppermint is in everything, and I love it. Tea, candy canes, coffee, chocolate marshmallows, scents. 
- Finding time to journal has been hard, but I am trying to jot things down any time my mind is full of words.
- I wish I had more time to make some items/gifts by hand this year. Each year I try to do a few little handmade items. This year, I seem to be running out of time.
- Despite all the busyness of the season, I have a deep sense of thanks and calm in my heart. I am not anxious or toiling over things. All shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be well (as Julian of Norwich wrote)

No comments:

Post a Comment