24 July 2012

Fragmented

It's here in the pieces of my shame
that I now find myself again.
I yearn to belong to something, to be contained
in an all-embracing mind that sees me
as a single thing.
I yearn to be held
in the great hands of your heart-
oh let them take me now.

Into them I place these fragments, my life,
and you, God, spend them however you want.

-Rainer Rilke


Oh God, I am fragmented. Tiny pieces all a-jumble. Like clouds in the sky all broken apart by a myriad of winds from multiple directions. I don't know what to do or what to think sometimes. The uncertainty surrounding me gets the best of me more often than I wish, and I want my future to by in Your hands. The desires in my heart are pure and they run deep. I pray for these things that could be.
I pray for the good that is about to happen. In Your hands, I give myself. For the possibilities that may happen, I pray for the opportunities to smack me in the face so there's no denying the path You place before me. For I need a nudge oftentimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment