31 July 2012

Used Bookstore Found!


This weekend, I discovered a used bookstore in town. That's correct. This is not a typo. Here in town. Actually, to be honest, I have known about the bookstore for some time. Ryan told me about it. Then Jordan told me about it. They know how crazy I am about books. Yet somehow I doubted that it would have anything more than trashy romantic paperbacks and mystery novels. I have been to some used bookstores that were full of such junk. So forgive me for being skeptical.

Well, in my craving for a used bookstore and no where else in the vicinity to go without driving over an hour, I gave it a shot. I was on a treasure hunt and surprisingly, it had more than I expected. The assumed aisles of the romance and mystery were there, but it also had some decent fiction. Even a half aisle was dedicated to classics. They had some old books, too, from the late 1800s and early 1900s. But they seemed overpriced to me, and some were crumbling from being stored in a hot environment. So, I didn't get any old books. Though I did find a reprinting of one of Charlotte Brontë's early novellas, which I had never heard of before. I am pretty excited about that, as I like her early writings. She and her siblings (two sisters Emily and Anne,  and brother Branwell) created a world of cities and characters, and each of them wrote stories about all the happenings of these characters. This little book I found is part of that.

I always like finding cool local spots to check out, whether it be restaurants or little shops. It's those types of places that make each town unique. And I am always up for supporting the family-run places that are a part of the community. So, next time I am craving a used bookstore (okay, I'm not going to lie, that's very often), I may just have to visit this place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment