12 July 2012

Whiteside Mountain


Our visit to North Carolina isn't complete without a hike up Whiteside Mountain. It's a 2 mile hike up and down, and all around the top of the mountain, complete with views that always make me stop and stare into the creative works of God's fingers on the landscapes. It's so beautiful. They don't call it the Blue Ridge Mountains for nothing. The blue hue is so beautiful. I always wish I could spend more time at the top, with my journal and pen on my lap, sitting on a rock overlooking the scenes below. At 4,930 feet, there's plenty to see. But the bees always keep me moving along. They don't want me to chill out in their space. So, I move along and finish the hike, and admire the couple of photos that I took while staring down on the land that baked in the summer sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment