25 July 2012

God in my Luggage

Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
-Joshua 1.9


I like this verse because it makes me feel taken care of. Like I have nothing to worry about. That is what God wants! He wants me to be free of worry so I an focus on Him. No matter where I may be, God is with me. God is on the loneliest stretches of the desert and in the most crowded cities.

I love to travel, by all sorts of modes- trains, planes, automobiles. I like traveling alone, or with someone. I like to watch people in crowded places or stare at waterfalls and mountains. One part I love about travel is seeing God in all these things. It is brought to my attention more vividly because it is set apart from my normal surroundings. I never know what I will see, and that excites me.

I see God's amazing display along the curving mountain roads. I can see God at work in the rush hour mass at a train station.
And I love it.

I love that no matter where I go, the same God is loving me all along the way. I pull my luggage behind me and know that God is there too.....okay, not in my luggage, but in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment