08 April 2013

Fancy Flea





The Fancy Flea was the place to be on Saturday morning. My friend, Emily, and I got there before it officially started, and I am so glad we did because the longer we were there the more crowded it got. It is hard to browse in small spaces when there are so many people, and I am not a huge fan of crowds like that. It was a gorgeous day to be out and about. The morning was perfectly clear and chilly, to which some people were moaning about how freezing cold they were, but I just smiled and thought it was perfect. Gotta love Florida, right?

The market took up about six blocks downtown and inside Munn Park. There was so much to look at. So many beautiful, vintage pieces. I liked this typewriter, which is a folding typewriter from WWI. They would write messages, and it easily folds up to be carried off as the troops moved locations. I liked the metal crate full of books (little Yale Shakespeare books in case you were wondering, which I have a handful of already). Mirrors seemed to be the thing; they were everywhere. We enjoyed learning about this 100 year old mirror, but it was not what either of us was looking for.We loved the vintage bikes with baskets of flowers. It just shouts SPRING!
What did we end up buying? Not too much. Emily bought a pretty mirror. I bought a beautiful rug and a little glass bottle. But we really like our purchases, even if we didn't find items from our lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment