10 April 2013

Travel Spot: New York City

I have had the privilege and opportunity to go on some amazing travel adventures over the last several years, and I thought I would share a few things from some of my favourite cities. I will spotlight each city in a post and the challenge is to share my favourites as follows:

1. The Touristy 2. The Non-touristy 3. The Eatery

Here we are at New York City!

The Touristy: Empire State Building
I have never been to the top of any building in NYC, until this day. We picked the perfect morning because it wasn't busy at all, and the weather was clear for the hour or so that we were up there. Just a short time later,  the clouds and haze rolled in. I love getting a view from above any city that I am in. It is something I always try to do when I travel. I love to see the landscape from above. To see the streets and buildings and the perspective. The layout of the city, too. And NYC is such an incredible city to see!

The Non-Touristy: Exploring the Waldorf Astoria Hotel
My friend Zoë
 and I stayed in the Waldorf (because she was able to find a ridiculously good price on Priceline!) and one evening we went exploring the hotel late at night. We didn't see a soul, and we wandered around the many floors of ballrooms decorated for weddings or meetings, old-fashioned freight elevators, hallways, stairwells, and glimmering chandeliers. This hotel has a lot of history and it's simply gorgeous. And it was situated in such a convenient location for access to the subway and walking to Grand Central.


The Eatery: Blue Bottle Coffee and Shake Shack
There were simply too many good places to eat in NYC. That is the beauty of one of the biggest cities. Diversity! And the best! Blue Bottle Coffee was in Rockefeller Plaza, and I just happened to run into it. I knew there was one in San Francisco, and heard such good things about it, so when I saw it, I had to get a latte and coffee beans to bring home. It did not disappoint! Shake Shack was born in NYC as a small stand, and it's one of the most popular spots! It's just a fast food burger place, but it's really good quality and really tasty.


Visit other places with me!
 Here is San FranciscoLondonOxfordProvidenceNewcastle, Portland, and Tynemouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment