01 April 2013

Joy


There cannot be resurrection without the cross. And yesterday we celebrated Easter because He is Risen!


The Joy (not just any old joy) is true and made evident in us. I think and muse on it and just become more thankful. I wish there were another word to convey not just an everyday thanks for the meal or for people in our lives, but a thanks that goes deeper. A deep thanks that nothing else can touch, except our souls.

I think living in that state of thankfulness would be a good response. Since that is an outlet to share the good news with others. To lift others up. If we live everyday in a state of thankfulness, we will spill out onto others that joy which we cannot contain. They will wonder why and to whom we are so thankful.

I sing these words in my head:

For you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
- Psalm 63. 7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment