10 July 2013

Long Summer Days


I love being at home.
Do you ever feel like you just want to BE at home? To enjoy it by being there fully? Not just dashing to and fro. Not just rushing to get ready and go. But to be. I have been trying to do more of that lately, and it's not a hard thing to do for me, in my new home. I live in about 520 square feet of space, and it's perfect for me.


It's a clear, less humid day. I can see the blue sky peaking through the giant tree limbs as I sit on my sofa, stretched out with a book in my hands.

It is still so bright at 8 PM. Seemingly it feels like it should be 5 PM from the amount of light that is still hovering upon us. But it is the remnants of the long days of summer that seem to go on and on.

The Spanish moss is hanging loosely from the tree out front, swaying in the breeze. I think the moss must be ready to fall at any moment. Plop! Right onto the grass.

What do you love most about Summer?
Here are my favourite things:

- Ice cream cones
- Watermelon
- Longer days
- Slower pace
- Road trips
- Corn on the cob
- BBQ
- Crepe Myrtles in bloom
- Green grass
- Lemonade
- Oranges
- Rain
- Wearing sun hats

Hmmm. There seems to be quite a bit of food items on my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment