29 August 2013

Fingers Closed Tight Hold Naught


And love, like light,
Cannot be caught
And sun and rain
And nights and days
My heart have tossed
A thousand ways.
For love, like light,
Cannot be caught
Fingers closed tight
Hold naught.

-Madeleine L'Engle

I am learning to open up my closed fists. Sometimes I don't even realize I am holding them tight. It takes time to take time out for God, but it worth it every time. When I sit down with a blank page my mind opens, and very soon, my heart. I can let go in these pages. I can imagine, create, tell, re-tell, dream, hope, and pray. I open up my hands here in these pages, and see how much I have yet to learn.

I am learning from looking at who I was in the past to who I am today, and I still feel like there is always room for me to grow. So many dreams to pursue. The more I see, the more I learn and observe. Life is beautiful and there is a myriad of lovely things in this life we are given. Gathering thoughts and pouring out the words onto these blank pages is what I love doing. Observing love in this world, and how true that it cannot be caught. But I observe that we can never hold it in our hands while our hands are tightly clenched.

No comments:

Post a Comment