08 November 2013

Finding Rest in the Quiet


Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths.- Psalm 25.4

I love being around people, especially those close to me. I love talking with people who have similar interests as me. I love spending time with family and friends. I don't mind being busy and on the go with special events. But after that is over, I dearly need time alone. To decompress. To have "me" time, and I know that sounds so selfish. But it is a time to really focus on God and give thanks and be more prayerful. And to hear the words that have been swirling around in my head.

I feel on the brink if I am not able to take some quiet time. To read and reflect, and write in my journal. As a lover of writing, it is a precarious position because writing is a solo venture. You cannot do it in groups. It is something that is done alone, so I need that time.

At the same time, I do not want to miss the fun events and fun times that go on in the lives of family and friends. As long as I have time to get away from it all and be alone, I'm good.

This week, after my trip to North Carolina I need that especially because I have a huge To-Do list looming. I had the best time away, and now I need to allow myself time to reflect and refresh my soul with rest, and let all those words floating around in my head tumble out onto paper. Otherwise they may just spill out everywhere and not make sense at all! I am hoping this weekend will provide such a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment