26 November 2013

Weekender


I was away for the weekend, for my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's bridal shower, and now I have returned to my home and getting back to a normal week (attempting, I think) but I realize that Thanksgiving is coming and this is a short week! Why am I even unpacking?

Good question.
But in these few short days before Thanksgiving, I really want to let go of all the obligatory crazy-errands and activities that could consume my time and take a step back to really be thankful.

The thing that I like least about the holiday season is how busy things get. Don't get me wrong, I love having family to see and parties to attend and such, but if that takes away from my inner spirit reflecting on the thankfulness and joy that is the reason for these holidays, I grow weary very quickly. I know it is my own decisions that guide my time to reflect, so therefore, I am going to institute a deletion of non-critical activities when I feel the need. Like this week, for instance. I am clearing my schedule to make plenty of room for my thoughts and musings to wander into thankfulness and stay there for a long while.

Thank you, Lord, for each moment we have to experience the life You have given us.

2 comments: