15 November 2013

Nightly Tea Ritual

Every night I make a cup of tea. It is one of my favourite parts of my evening. If I have a friend over, I gladly make that friend a cup of tea as well. Making tea is so simple, but I have come to realize over the years that a lot of people do not make tea properly (meaning, they heat a cup of water in the microwave and drop a tea bag in. tut-tut.). I warn you now: I am somewhat of a tea snob, and I also require that it be made properly. My English roots definitely show here.
 Take your favourite tea bag and place it into your empty cup. Heat fresh, filtered water either on the stove or in an electric kettle.
Once the water has boiled, pour the hot water over the tea bag.
Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, or according to how strong you like your tea. I generally keep mine steeping for longer than that, but it depends on which tea I am drinking.
Once the strength of the tea is to your liking, discard the tea bag and carry that little cup of goodness to your sofa or cozy chair and enjoy. Breathe deep and taste the varying flavours of the tea. Happy tea time!

No comments:

Post a Comment