06 November 2013

Chancie & Jordan








The purpose of my trip to North Carolina was for my good friend Chancie's wedding. It was the most beautiful wedding I have been to, with so many ideas and elements that I would someday want in my own wedding. It was held in Old Fort, NC at a large home (they call it a lodge) where all of Chancie's family stayed. The tables were all decorated with lovely linens, with the centerpieces being stacks of books, vases of roses, and pretty little trinkets. I loved the tables. Some vintage pieces were included (family heirlooms and pieces made by her grandma).

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We arrived early to help set-up and organize, and before we knew it, the ceremony was about to begin. I decorated the dry sink according to Chancie's specifications and greeted all the guests, handing them a program and chatting with those people I knew. Chancie was calm and relaxed. I hope she enjoyed everything about the day, because it all went beautifully.

The ceremony was held down by the river that encircled the property at 1:30 PM. We were out in the middle of nowhere, so there was no home or road anywhere nearby. Just the sounds of the river and the leaves rustling in the breeze. Some of us joked about the possibility of bears showing up for the wedding.

The air grew colder as the afternoon went on. Everyone gathered on the huge deck that circled the lodge. The catered food was absolutely delicious. My favourites included the butternut squash apple soup, the guacamole with grapes, the biscuit bar, the mashed potato bar, and the pulled pork.
We were exhausted after the full day of events, but it was close to 9 PM before we all left. It was such a lovely day, and I am full of happiness for my dear friend Chancie and her new husband Jordan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment