06 July 2015

In Suspension


The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein.
- Psalm 24.1

We hang in suspense sometimes. How are things going to play out? What is up next for me? God has great plans for you and me. All that is required of us is to be ourselves and let ourselves be led by God's plans.To do all we can, the best we can, and trust that God will take care of the peripheral remainder.

This amazing pedestrian bridge in downtown Greenville reminds me that while I may hang in suspension sometimes, not knowing what is coming, there are beautiful things to admire as we wait. We still have space to walk, grow, and learn along the way.

I often think about how I am exactly where I am supposed to be, and it is full of goodness. I think about different circumstances that didn't work according to my plan, and I didn't understand why, until later. Even certain things that happened for a reason, but not the reason I might have thought. How it all comes together at the right time. Blessing upon blessing. I don't have to possess all the knowledge and be perfect. I don't have to have it all (as the world would view). I just have to be open and willing to grow and learn at all times. I have to be ready to take on challenges that might bring me out of my comfortable box.


I could sit here and think about all that I don't have. I could think about all that I wish would happen, but then I would be losing sight of the here and now. I am in such a good place in these moments, and it is all because of God and His plans coming to pass. It is not because I did anything, except trust in God. It is amazing what you can do when you put all your trust in Him. Anything is possible, big and small. Nothing is too big or too small for God's attention and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment