30 July 2015

Midwest Explorations










I had the privilege of travelling to St. Louis again, as I do semiannually, for my company conference. Several days of back-to-back meetings and social gatherings filled each hour, and while it's an exhausting time, it is always full of goodness. I am perpetually overflowing with thankfulness for my company (and my boss!), and each trip to St. Louis is a little reminder of that.

It's the people who make it so memorable. It's the people who make the company. The culture. The friendliness. The kindness. The faith-based morals and ethics. I've been in the business world after college for nine years now, and it's like nothing I have experienced before. 


I will admit, am pretty terrible at taking photographs during any of the company events because I am so drawn into the people and the goings on, that I don't even touch my phone for most of the week.


But this time, a special invitation from a colleague friend to stay at her house in a tiny town in Illinois was an opportunity to be a little photographer and explorer. My new colleague, April, and I were invited to go and we had a grand time seeing the tiny town out in the country, watching the sunset at the lake, and staying in a gorgeous 100 year old house. This Florida girl also saw a lot of cornfields, which was a first!


Something I love about travelling is getting a tour from the local resident. That is my insider information for the history, the secrets, the stories. Staying in old houses that have their own story to be discovered and beautiful details so lovingly cared for is right up my street. All in all, this quick getaway from the city was a respite I welcomed with open arms, and I got to see more of the Midwest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment