01 July 2015

Being Methodical









I am about to make you crave this coffee. I wanted another cup immediately when I reached the bottom of my cup.
You know I love coffee shops and I can hardly contain my excitement for this one. Coffee shops are places that invite resting, relaxing, delicious drinks (and tasty treats), which tends to promote thinking and conversation. If visiting alone, it is a perfect environment for writing. If a companion is along for the ride, it is a good place to slow down. 

I drove my Mum down the mountain to visit a favourite city, Greenville. I haven't been to the city in several years and I've heard some great things happening there and wanted to check it out. It is like visiting an old friend. I have lots of memories in Greenville, with family, specifically my Dad. He was the reason we went up there the first time. He took the BMW M-Driving School out at the BMW factory and test track outside of town. Some of us went up with him, to explore Greenville and also see the BMW factory and test track (and try to sneak peaks of Dad driving on the track). Ever since that trip (almost 7 years ago?), we have loved going back to Greenville, and we have very fond memories of Dad having such a blast during those several days of driving school.

Anyway, many new things have come to Greenville. One place I knew of was a coffee shop downtown that I had to visit -- Methodical Coffee.

So, we went there, of course. It was the most important stop, to me. I ordered espresso with almond milk and an earl grey grapefruit doughnut made by a local doughnut maker, Circa Doughnut. It was the most delicious doughnut I think I've ever had. So much so, that when I came back for my second cup of coffee in the afternoon, I bought another doughnut to take back for breakfast the next morning.

I loved this coffee shop because it was clean, beautiful, and simple. It was bright and cheerful. I was in love with the dishes, the tile floor, and the wallpaper. I love how they played records. It had a balcony area for a more quiet space to write. The baristas were very nice. Everything was delicious. I love Greenville even more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment