07 July 2015

One Heart and Mind


I've told you all this so that trusting in me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I have conquered the world.
- John 16.32-33

We are to be like Jesus in all the ways we can. To have one heart and mind. We are, ourselves, so independently minded that sometimes sparks fly when opinions differ amongst people, but if we all had the same mindset pointed toward Jesus, we would have less reason to argue or disagree.

The challenge set before us is to enter into each situation with the outlook not of what you want, but what you can do to serve others. To ask yourself how your decision will impact them. This is how we can be more sensitive to others and recognize the way we can show love.

I feel scattered sometimes, being pulled in many directions. How can I serve others when I have so many things set before me? A slippery slope of negative thoughts could emerge from this. Instead, I don't think about how much I have to do as a whole. I believe that God will not give me more than He can help me conquer. Jesus has already conquered it. Take one piece at a time. One step. All that I have before me are things that God will help me through.

So, keep on. Do what you do best. Do not lose heart.

Most importantly, do not let the world change you (or tell you what you should be). Let God change you. Those two could lead into very different paths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment