07 August 2011

Coffee Coffee Coffee

There is no better scent, perhaps, than coffee brewing. Even people who don't drink coffee will agree. Last weekend, in Venice, I made a pot of coffee for my mom and me, and everyone else made comments about how good it smelled, yet none of them drink coffee. I find that a little bit humorous.

Thinking about coffee brought my mind to San Francisco, when we visited the California Academy of Sciences Museum and Planetarium. Lunch in their cafeteria was a gourmet treat, with healthy, fresh, & local options. I couldn't resist the coffee bar, and ordered a latte. The photo above is the picture I took before enjoying it, while sitting outside with the lovely San Fran temperature in July.

It's too hot outside in Florida to do anything right now, so I enjoy my second cup of coffee inside while dreaming myself to be in San Francisco. That trip in 2009 holds a dear place in my heart for many reasons, and heaven knows why the memories came floating into my mind as I poured my coffee this morning. It's interesting how one thought leads to another and suddenly I am remembering my latte in San Francisco, which leads to many other fond memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment