01 August 2011

Perspective and Trust

I am still a bit unsure if my ideas and dreams could really happen. They seem so far-fetched sometimes. So out of my reach. I feel like I lack so much knowledge, experience, and connections. But then I see some of my close friends who are pursuing their dreams and I know they are going to make it happen. So, how do I feel so confident of their success but not my own?
Why do any of us waver in our faith?

I get annoyed watching TV, especially those shows that emphasize believing in yourself and trusting only in yourself and your own interpretations of morals. I know it's meant to encourage people, but it seems skewed to me.

I am a faulty human.
I want to believe and trust in God, not myself.

My inclinations are too full of pride, judgement, self-pity, jealously, &c. Not things I want to trust in. But I would rather trust in God who is above all things. Who is the great conductor of all life. Who knows every long strand of red hair on my head. Who created the mountains I enjoyed hiking on a short time ago. Who knows the inner-workings of my heart.

That's what I want to trust in.

So I cancelled my cable awhile ago. Not because I get annoyed at those TV shows, well, not the only reason, but also because I want to spend my time appreciating the joys of life, the open sky, the sound of birds outside, a long walk, the steam rising from my cup of coffee as I sit down to read my new book. Almost all the shows on TV are so dreadful anyway.

With more time to look inwardly at myself I realize attitudes and worries that need to go away so I can truly enjoy each moment of my day. I find that things fall into place perfectly when I trust. Wholly and completely.
With more time to look outwardly at the world I see all that I want to be apart of and all that I want to stay away from.

My perspective shifts upward. Soli Deo gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment