05 June 2013

Apartment Tour: Living Room and Kitchen

My new home has been dubbed "The Treehouse" because it's a second floor apartment, which is happily situated among a couple large, old trees. Being in a historic neighborhood, there is a lot of history here. My little place, with the height and the good amounts of shade without being too clustered by trees, is kind of like a treehouse. And I am okay with that.
It was built in 1950, after WWII, when all the soldiers were coming home. Some places, like mine, were built to persuade them to purchase the home in front (a 1920's bungalow home) and rent this out for some income.
I have a lot more to do, like hang items, organize certain areas, etc... My bedroom and bathroom have several things to be done, so they are not ready to be shown yet.
 I love the curved doorway from my kitchen into the living room. Just another charming feature that makes it unique.
A good reading spot.
My piano rests comfortably on the pine floor, after being bounced around in my move. I will get you tuned sometime soon!
My mini-size refrigerator is perfect (5 feet tall). Anything bigger would swallow the kitchen. We wanted to get one of those cool retro fridges, but the price tag was ridiculous. This is the second best option. All the light in this kitchen is lovely. And the white wainscoting is so beautiful.
Mexican Sunflowers from my landlord's front yard. He brought them to me one evening, and I exclaimed how lovely it is to have fresh flowers in the apartment! The next morning I found another jar of flowers on my steps.
The beautiful natural light in my apartment is astounding. It is one of my favourite things about it. I have never had that before, since I have only lived in dorms or apartment complexes since leaving home for college and beyond. I am in love with the light and the way it gleans on the newly varnished pine floors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment