07 June 2013

Quirks of my Home from 1950


Quirks (that I have discovered so far) of living in a home built in 1950:

- The windows are beautiful, but not energy efficient

- Old dust can be found anywhere

- The door is a little crooked

- The glass doorknobs on the interior doors tend to come loose

- The wood floors are scratched and are not totally flat

- Not all the burners on my gas stove light

- No dishwasher

- No washer/dryer

- Very little storage

Realize, though, that the advantages of living in this charming home greatly outweigh this short list of quirks. My list would be very long indeed if I were to list all the positives.

Mainly, though, the overall theme would be "older is better". Seriously, I am an advocate of restoring that which is there, and make it beautiful again. I don't always know how to do that, but my landlord does. And he shares that same view. Living in a place with 63 years of history is privilege, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment