18 June 2013

Summer Hours

Lulled by the heat early in the morning, my refuge is in coffee, tea, and books. A mind awake, and yet not willing to roam outside to the sticky hot Florida weather, which drenches over our long summer days.

A soft breeze rustles the tree limbs, but only succeeding in shuffling around the thick air which melts to you instantly when stepping out the door.

I lied. I do venture out for moments and make my way to the farmer's market for a short visit. I come back in need of a shower, after such a short excursion. That is absurd! Don't you think?

Oh, the summer hours are long and full of heat. On the ground, rain water pools, and in the sky rain water forms to pour on us late in the day.

Why do people desire summer so much? If you know, please tell me. If you love it, I am so glad for you. Do you love the humid air so dense and a heat index over 100 each day for months and months? And a whole season of frizzy hair? I don't deny the sky can be beautiful and the light shines with glean on the lakes at sunset.

But the long hours of summer heat. It doesn't make much sense to me, so I just settle with the fact that not every season in life is happy-go-lucky. We go through different seasons of life, both literally and figuratively. And not every one is all pleasant. But even in these struggles of life and we can find glimpses of joy in each day, like this deep blue sky and whispy clouds. When you admire the little things, you are admiring pieces of what God has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment