24 June 2013

Fresh Summer


Something about the Summer makes me demand things that are fresh. Perhaps because the air is so humid and full of heat that I seek the refreshing things in life to escape the heat.

- I could not resist a bag of organic Valencia oranges at the grocery. Valencia oranges are a juicy orange, so they make perfect orange juice. I got out my little vintage-looking juicer and easily juiced some oranges. This is the only kind of orange juice I like. The kind that is fresh-squeezed moments before. Delicious.

- A fresh haircut is always welcome. It is simply too hot here for long hair, so I got it cut. It will grow out and be long again by the time cooler weather rolls into Florida (give it about 6 months...).

- Another fresh item is the new little blanket (afghan) I crocheted for my sofa. It it bright and cheery, and perfect for in the evenings when I am all cozy on my sofa with a book. I guess this doesn't take away the heat, but provide warmth, but I use air conditioning (of course), so it can get chilly in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment