21 June 2013

Happy Place: The Library


Happy Place: The Library

I confess. I love to own books. I love to re-read them, write in them, underline passages, and the way they look in stacks or on shelves. I could go on, but I will spare you.

I have now entered the enchanting world of the downtown library because it is literally two minutes away from my home. I realized that there are many delights that await me there. Tucked away in the corner where the English Literature and Poetry is located, will be my most frequented spot, I presume. And where I found three books to take home with me this week.

This is a new idea for me (and probably old to you), but the library will save me a bunch of money! I tend to buy books without a second thought, and if given the choice I would forgo a meal for books. But now my library just grew by the thousands!

I know this is all obvious to you, because you are much brighter than me since you probably go to the library to check out books and even DVDs. And furthermore, this is clear evidence of our ability to miss something grand that is right under our noses (or my nose, anyway).

Also, I met up with my co-worker Jaime at the library who had her 3 year-old daughter with her. Nothing makes me happier than seeing a little one excited about reading, with a big stack of books in her arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment