19 June 2013

Rose Tea


Standing at my counter with a cup of rose tea steeping, my book open, and a feeling of thankfulness.
For each moment.
Each gift.


Now I sit down with my cup of rose tea as an evening lightning storm flashes outside. The summer heat builds up all day and now it's being released twixt sky and ground through heat lightning.

I simply cannot get enough of this rose tea. Quite the perfect delicate balance of rose, lavender, and lemon verbena. Soothing and relaxing after a long day. My days used to be so stressful at my old job with no relief. But that has all changed, and now even if there is pressure I don't feel that stress. Instead, I feel thankfulness for being here and having my job situation make such a good change. It is truly a blessing I could not have predicted or tried to coordinate.

Life's simple pleasures are so tiny, but somehow they bring a special element of the creative world that reminds me of God's imagination and love.
Simplicity.

This is how I choose to live and how I am happiest. The simple ritual of brewing tea. Making a meal from scratch. Decorating. Reading.

Simple, but elegant. Less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment