16 January 2012

Plans are Hemmed In

I just finished knitting this cowl, my first knitting project

You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Psalm 139. 5-6

Something that has always comforted me about God is how He already knows the desires of my heart. He created me, so He planted those gifts and passions, knowing how He wanted to use me in this world. As I embrace these gifts, I know God will provide the proper outlets for me to share, to grow, and to gain wisdom through these things.

And I love that, despite all my internal grumbling and groaning about my desires not yet coming to pass, God still loves me. I keep in faith and know that God's plans are good and full of joy. God loves me no matter what I may grumble about, or what I may sing praises about. His love is not conditional based upon my current emotion. Thank God for that!

Truly, I am a mess when it comes down to it; fringed at the ends and unraveling in places. But God can use my unraveled ends to knit a new, beautiful piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment