24 January 2012

Rise Up and Build

The Town Walls of York, England

"Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes."
Nehemiah 4.14

Nehemiah's dream was to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. The city had fallen and many of the citizens were taken captive. Whenever you have set out to fulfill your dream, do you ever come across opposition? So did Nehemiah.
Now when Sanballat heard that we were rebuilding the wall, he was angry and greatly enraged, and he jeered at the Jews. And he said in the presence of his brothers and of the army of Samaria, "What are these feeble Jews doing?... (Nehemiah 4.1-2)
There will always be plenty of naysayers and people who try to get in your way. But don't lose hope and don't give up when you fail the first time, the second time, or the thirtieth time. That is a hard thing to do. I know. When I remember the good that I can do through the gifts God has given me, I know good will come out of it. I know God will lead me in the right direction if I keep going, even through failure and discouragement.

People can jeer. They can think that I won't succeed, but my dream isn't there for nothing. It has purpose. It's part of God's plan for me. He is directing my path with these dreams I have in my heart.

I look ahead with joy at the thought that God is actively getting the path readied for me. The same is being done for you. He is setting up the people and the situations so that it all rolls out in His time. And those things in your way won't even matter. Lord, please help me follow only Your path. Keep my focus on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment