18 June 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend I packed my weekender bag, set it on the back seat, and drove down to Venice. For Father's Day weekend, it was great to be with family. At my home church, it was Pastor Tom's last day. He was pastor at the church for 13 years so he's pretty special to my family, and he will be greatly missed.
On my drive down, I stopped in downtown Sarasota to visit my favourite library in the area, the Selby Library.
The Selby Library is just cool. I visited the "friends of the library" bookstore and bought 3 books for $3.
I have to stop at Whole Foods to buy a few things I can't get anywhere else. I always want to buy everything in that grocery store- all the fresh fruits, vegetables, bakery items, and delicious prepared foods in the glass cases. I bought these grapes because the cool blue truck told me it was trusty produce. :-)
At home, this is what our parking lot looks like. If you aren't a BMW, you can't park here. Sorry, you just can't.
And if someone's car wasn't being worked on, I would wonder what is wrong with my brothers. This time, it's Jason's car. Going along with the car theme of the weekend, we had the TV tuned to the 24-hour Le Mans race over in France. I mean, who wasn't watching 24-hours of racing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment