28 June 2012

Packing for a Little Trip...

I confess: I don't mind packing. I guess that's not much of a confession. A better confession would be- I just ate a whole pack of cookies! But I didn't. Anyway, for all of you who despise packing, maybe my thoughts will provoke you to think differently.

Being that I am packing, it can only mean that I am about to go on a trip, and as such I am eager to handle such a task for an adventure. I love to travel, and the more I travel the better I get at packing light, only including items I know will be used. I think the problem most people have is packing too much. They think they will need that bright orange sweater that only goes with one outfit and that pair of shoes that isn't even comfortable. But they don't need those things. The best idea for outfits is to pick a color scheme and stick to it. Pick pieces that can be mixed and matched in a variety of ways.

As I begin my packing for a week in the North Carolina mountains, it's looking like I have a general blue theme going on. And I am even hopeful in my packing, bringing a light sweater and a thin scarf! Not that it's going to be cold by any account, but evenings can get chilly 4,000 feet above sea level (I hope...please please please!).

No comments:

Post a Comment