09 June 2012

Wie geht es dir?

Wie geht es dir? How are you?
Ich bin gut. I am good.

I am so excited to be learning German online for free using Duolingo.com. The reason it is free is because as they teach you and you go through the lessons, and you actually translate sentences from the internet. The internet is not fully translated into German. So, when the German books are scanned, the internet cannot recognize many of those words. Therefore, human assistance is needed. Duolingo is a win-win situation where I work for free and I learn a foreign language for free. 

I log in and do the lessons each day. I type in German and English, learning new words in each short lesson. The speaking and pronunciation is a challenge because I am not speaking with someone in German, but the computer speaks the sentences, so I can hear how it is supposed to sound and mimic that myself. Being able to read and write German, however, is a great step, and that is what I am learning the best.

Bis bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment