15 June 2012

Surrounding Love

The last trip with Dad. San Francisco. 3 years ago.
Dad's typical attire: jeans, BMW shirt, BMW M school jacket
And in typical Dad fashion, he was always the one leading the hike deeper and deeper into the woods
This post is in memory of my Dad, who I remember every day, and love to remember. This weekend is Father's Day weekend, where it is brought to light that I can no longer be with my Dad here on earth, but I know I will see him in heaven. I think of my Dad often and love to share stories and memories of him. These are just a few mediocre words from my journal as he was on my mind.


Some say it gets easier
How can it ever be easy
To live without him?
Oh my soul longs to be
next to him to hear his voice.
To feel his trademark side hug.
The way he glowed with pride for me
when it's him that I am proud of infinitely...
...of loving God, family, and neighbors
of never backing off his morals or integrity
his hard work, labour, and wisdom gained
evidence of work on his hands thus stained
he never forgot a story, person, or thing
sharing kindness and stories was his offering
Always joyful in his daily tasks
Always ready to answer if asked
The world needs more people like my Dad
Five and twenty years in his surrounding love, I had

No comments:

Post a Comment