25 February 2013

A Beautiful Week

 The beginning of the week was lovely outside. It was absolutely necessary to take a walk to my favourite coffee house, and breath deep of the rare dry, chilly air that was ever-so comfortable. I could hear Rainer Rilke's (my favourite German poet) line in my head:
I would like to step out of my heart's door
and be under the great sky.

 French Press coffee is by far my favourite. I grind my coffee beans a night or two before, and my coffee has never tasted better. This carnation was my Valentine flower (given to my by my apartment complex. That's right. My apartment loves me). I have forgotten how lovely it is to have a little flower inside my apartment, and I think I need to always have a flower or two. I am going to try to keep up with that simple pleasure.
I have a small stack of old photographs of my Dad, and I love that I have a little piece of history. These visual pieces of history are a treasure to me. I love his nerdy reindeer sweater and the old car. And how beautiful the snow it (this is in Yakima, WA).
 Working on my Brontë writing assignment at my friend Emily's apartment, enjoying a freshly made biscuit that was melt-in-your-mouth good.
I love the idea of popping my own popcorn, so I bought a bag of kernels when I was at Trader Joe's with my Mum. The first time I tried to make it, it was a failure, but this time it was a delicious success! I think I will be doing this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment