15 February 2013

Snapshots from NYC


Zoë and I at the top of the Empire State Building. We picked the perfect morning where it wasn't busy and it was clear. There was haze and clouds in the distance, and a few hours later the clouds moved in and we wouldn't have seen much. Oh my goodness the perspective up there! It's incredible. I love to view a city from above. There is so much to look at it is overwhelming. NYC is truly remarkable.
I love how the Empire State Building's shadow is on the other NYC buildings. I could have stayed up there for hours, just staring down onto the buildings and streets. Tiny yellow taxis look like ants.
The Chrysler Building is my favourite. Art deco, circa 1930. I saw it from the street everyday. 
Street level. Walking from Empire State Building to Rockefeller Center along Fifth Avenue.
The New York Public Library, guarded by the lions. What a gorgeous building inside and out. We spent time resting in the reading room until they kicked us out of the library for a special wine tasting event they were setting up for in the lobby.
The NY Public Library reading room. This is one of the most beautiful places in the city, for sure. The perfect place to rest tired feet and read a little from a new book purchased at The Strand Bookstore a few hours earlier.
Blue Bottle Coffee in Rockefeller Plaza. One of the best lattes I have had. Plus a very friendly barista who helped me select a bag of coffee beans to brew at home in my french press (I am down to my last few days of coffee from here. So sad!)
 I think what I love most about Central Park is the simplicity amidst the complexities of the city. It's the city's breath of fresh air. Grass. Trees. Benches. And today, snow.
Laudurée is famous for macarons from Paris. We had to try them. They are so fancy and come in flavours like kaffee, green apple, rose, violet, and citron. So we bought a few boxes and ate some macarons out in Central Park nearby. My favourite was the rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment