26 February 2013

Carnation

How can a single, solitary carnation bring such a lovely vibe to my cozy space? It's not a rare flower. It's not bright. It is delicate and small. A single flower placed in a thin glass vase all by itself with shades of sunset red and an ombré mixing from dark to light red. The tips of the petals display the light pinkish hue that extends out of the darker portions. Carnations are the January flower, my birthday month, so I am fond of them.

It reminds me of gardens and the beauty of nature. I enjoy that so much if I am inside; to have a piece of the outdoors inside my place of solitude. Wouldn't it be nice if a guy gave me this flower? It would make for a good story. Alas, I cannot say that, but do not dismay! God has good plans ahead and no matter what, His plans are perfect because He knows how to use me best in this world. To make my talents tools He uses for His glory. It's because of Him that I have any talents at all! Plans are already unfolding and I can see how God is working.

So shall my word be that goes
out of my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which
I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing
for which I sent it.

Isaiah 55.11


Oh, the love of God stirs in my heart all the time, and something small and lovely reminds me it is always there. He is always there. That is what I was thinking about as I gazed at my little carnation the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment