19 February 2013

Ladurée


French style macarons? Fancy little shop in NYC? Sounds fun!
Ladurée is out of Paris, and they make little cookies (among other things) that are like delicate sandwich cookies with a cream filling. Except they are special in that they have cool flavours and bright colours. Some of the flavours I purchased in my boxes were coconut, kaffee, rose, violet, green apple, raspberry, strawberry.

The tiny shop was so fancy; it was just a fun thing for a couple of girls to do. I had heard so much about this particular macaron place from blogs that I read, I thought it would be fun to try it! Zoë
 and I bought a couple boxes, then walked through Central Park where it was quiet, snowy, and peaceful. We found a bench right by a frozen pond and indulged in a couple macarons. The sun was shining, the sky was perfectly blue, and it was freezing cold! It was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment