21 February 2013

Travel Spot: Providence

I have had the privilege and opportunity to go on some amazing travel adventures over the last several years, and I thought I would share a few things from some of my favourite cities. I will spotlight each city in a post and the challenge is to share my favourites as follows:
1. The Eatery 2. The Touristy 3. The Non-touristy

Here we are at Providence, RI!



The Eatery- Blue State Coffee and Tazza
Coffee break was at the Brown University bookstore, and the coffee shop, Blue State Coffee. Delicious coffee surrounded by young Brown students with their laptops and books for studying. Lunch was at Tazza, a hip restaurant downtown. I had my first beignet with lemon sauces, and they were delicious. Downtown was certainly a young area with so many colleges there and many cultural opportunities.

The Touristy- Brown University tourists
This could be classified as touristy or not. Depending on what you do. I was with a family friend, Kathy, who is a retired professor, and she tends to walk into places like she knows exactly what she is doing, so we walked into a few college classrooms to check out the buildings and set up of the classes. We went into the archaeological museum and she knew so much about all the history of that area and chatted it up with the museum curator. So I felt touristy because I wandered around taking photographs and inquiring about buildings. I felt like a prospective student. 


The Non-touristy- Downtown and used bookstore
This is where we were easily locals just out for a stroll and making a stop at a used bookstore. Nothing too odd or strange about that, except that I come out with an armful of books as if I had never seen a book before. The walk along the river is very cool. City sights on both sides. Financial district on one side. Cultural, artsy, university area on the other side.

To visit San Francisco, click here.
To visit London, click here.
To visit Oxford, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment