28 February 2013

Goodness is in the New


Wherever you are, be all there. -Jim Elliot

My mind is clearing, Lord. Like this weather here, where the air is first heavy with humidity and then the rain comes, swift and strong. At last, the air cools almost as quickly as the rains came, and it becomes light and dry.

Refreshing.

Like new words on a page. The ink still damp. Goodness is in the new.

Lord, I am Yours.

I have always been Yours, but I am not always willing to be, due to my selfish nature. Please use me, Lord, with all the talents You have given me to bring You glory.

Will You hold me in Your arms everyday, and help me find the way?
Yes.

Help me keep my focus on You, all the time, and remember that all the trials of this time, and all the people/situations that cause me to distress do not matter in the long run and it will not last. Eternally, that stuff does not matter, and You bring the new.
Presently, for the wisp of time that is now, help me be in the day and enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment