22 February 2013

Vintage

My friend Emily has inspired me with her simple living style with the cutest vintage charm. Here are a few photos from her new little home. She is a sous chef and she makes these amazing dishes and invites me over to eat them! I am really getting spoiled by her delicious dinners and the most tasty Mexican shortbread cookies and lavender butter cookies I've ever had!

Where most people enjoy picking out new furniture, Emily and I agree that a used piece with some history (and a few nicks) have the most character and will created a cozy home. Thrift stores are the perfect place to find little treasures like golden glass goblets and white owls to adorn the table. Hand-me-downs and pieces from the family are perfect additions to add memories and even stories to your everyday meals, like the gold silverware. It makes every meal a little more special.

Then of course the entertainment pieces. A stack of records and an old camera from the 1970's are useful objects, but full of history and an old-fashioned goodness. Put a Louis Armstrong record on the record player and enjoy a cup of tea with a homemade dessert.

Are we old ladies at heart? Just old-fashioned. Old things are made better, last longer, and have more character.
Thanks, Emily, for letting me share your cool vintage style!




No comments:

Post a Comment